NoteCase Pro for Android v1.0.8. has just been released.
It features Sort and Search functions.
Download is now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
NoteCase Pro for Android is the companion app to NoteCase Pro desktop program, and supports the .ncdb and .ncde (encrypted) file formats,
so the same files can be shared between desktop and Android editions.
It can be activated by buying the 2USD license through PayPal (use "Buy Now" at the http://notecasepro.com/buy.php page)
or by using the "All OSes, lifetime" license for the desktop version of the program.
When shopping, please leave your email, so that after the payment, I can send you the key file in the email.
Installation instructions for your Android device:
- prerequisites: program requires Android 3.0 or newer
- download the .apk file and transfer it from your to your phone's SD card
- enable installing applications from unknown source ("Settings" > "Applications" > "Unknown Sources" check box)
- use some file manager application installed on your phone/tabled to click on the Notecase.apk file to start the installation
("ES File Explorer" free file manager app is a good choice)
- if you get problem installing the app, try uninstalling the previous version first
- copy your license key to your SD card root folder (usually named "/sdcard" or "/mnt/sdcard")
- start the app
- uses .ncdb and .ncde file format identical to the one used in the desktop version
- you can create a new document or open an existing document file
- Tree Pane is displayed featuring the hierarchical tree of your document notes
- basic note operations supported in the Tree Pane are: insert, delete, rename
- short click on the note title in the Tree Pane open Text Pane featuring rich text formatting editor
- there are two different GUIs, one for phones and one for tablets (landscape mode) embedded in the same app
- in the file open dialog, there is an additional way to navigate to the parent folder by using the swipe from right to left gesture action
- you can create a shortcut to selected document on your phone's desktop
Changes in the new release:
- add support for "strike" tag ("s" was already supported)
- fix: improve anychronous communication with WebView editor, hyperlink operation is more reliable now
- fix: process click to hyperlinks pointing to .ncdb/.ncde files directly in the app, asking to open the target document instead of current one
- show explicit explicit message if insert picture from camera was canceled by user
- fix: possible crash when double-tapping the hyperlink
- fix: do not allow insert picture operations if no note has been selected
- add: implement document tree Sort operation
- add: implement document Search operation ("Find Next" and "Find All")
- sqlite database updated to latest version 3.8.7
- icon to add new note (+) was branched into a submenu with add root, add child and add sibling note options
- Croatian translation updated
- Finnish translation updated (work by Ville Pilviö)
- Chinese translation updated (work by Stephen Zhu)
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
- Polish translation updated (work by Kamil Dembkowski)
- French translation updated (work by Jeff Malka)
Feedback is appreciated. I am interested in your design and general ideas, bug reports, ...
If you would like to donate the program translation for your language, feel free to contact me.
Note that the Android edition price will rise from 2USD to 5USD in a day or two.