Notecase Pro v4.4.0 desktop edition has just been released.
Downloads are now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
This is mostly a bug fix release with new major feature being custom attachment file handlers.
This feature allows you to specify non-standard application to open, for example, your PDF file attachments.
You can combine this with new attachment "target" setting and open the PDF on an exact page you want (if the external app supports page target command line parameter).
Major changes in this release:
- add: you can now assign a "target" string to each attachment (can be mapped to document page or video timestamp position); see context menu option "Attachment Target" within the Attachments Pane window
- add: custom attachment file handlers option allows you to define an external application to open some specific file format; see "General Settings" window, last options page
This feature also allows you to open the attachment using its assigned "target" value, i.e. open it on an exact document page or audio/video time position, if the external application supports this through its command line parameters
- add: support to paste images from https URLs (only http was supported before)
- add higher resolution toobar icons for bold/italic/underline/strikethrough actions so that icons scale better when using bigger toolbar sizes (through ToolBarButtonSize .ini file key)
- add: new .ini file setting "TreeViewIconScaling" under "[Display]" section defines proportion of tree view icon size to toolbar icon sizes
- add: Ctrl+click on a tag in a Tag Pane toggles the tag assignment to the currently selected note
- add: support for custom text color in the note title bar (for "show hierarchy" mode only)
- add: Keynote import now supports plain text notes (along with already supported RTF notes)
- add: improve compiler optimization level on Unix platforms, making load of big documents cca 10% faster
- fix: improve text typing speed
- fix: possible crash related to memory handling of an image embedded in the document
- fix: images not imported when importing KeyNote document
- fix: improve Windows DDE code (used when opening NoteCase document from file manager for example)
- fix: list of documents to be loaded on start should be loaded only in 1st instance of the program
- fix: "Find Next" does not work correctly when searching with option "Current Note's Children Only" (only 1st child note was being searched)
- fix: fetching embedded images through https (TLS) connection now works correctly (for example copy/pasting 1st image from https://docs.docker.com/engine/docker-overview)
- fix: temporary disable support to set widget background colors on GTK3 version, to make the text selection painted correctly
- fix: images not imported when importing CherryTree into .ncdb document (importing to .ncd worked OK)
- fix: GTK 2.x specific bug, program hangs when moving divider tree/text to the right (under certain precise conditions); now limiting text view width minimum (on GTK 2.x) to 50px
- fix: applying style with custom font may modify font of the style itself
- fix: RTF import could fail importing embedded image due to a buffer overrun issue
- fix: empty error message displayed when program fails to fetch image data being pasted from the remote HTTP server
- fix: issue with text zoom functions when not using custom text view font setting
- help file updates (work by Paul Merrell)
- Croatian translation updated
- Chinese Traditional translation updated (work by Richard Sun)
- Chinese translation updated (work by Stephen Zhu)
- Brasilian Portugese translation updated (work by Tiago Bacciotti Moreira)
- French translation updated (work by Jeff Malka)
- Finnish translation updated (work by Ville Pilviö)
- Dutch translation updated (work by William Ouwehand)
For detailed change list see: http://www.notecasepro.com/history.php
Some new builds were added: Ubuntu 18.10, Fedora 29, Suse Tumbleweed.
A number of older builds will be deprecated: Fedora 25, Fedora 26, Fedora 27, Debian 7, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 17.04. Let me know if you need any of these.