Notecase Pro v3.9.3. desktop edition has just been released.
Downloads are now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
Major changes in this release:
- add: check disk for available free space when trying to save the document
- add: new Lua method mimicking existing "Send via Email" feature (Nc_Doc_SendViaEmail)
- add: support for resetting sync admin password to default one (just start sync server with "NcSyncServer --reset-admin-password" command line)
- add: added "Insert Image" action to the Note Pane context menu
- add: new Lua methods to get last used note color formatting (Nc_Note_Last_Text_Bkg_Color_Get, Nc_Note_Last_Text_Color_Get)
- addd: new Lua method to list all task notes within a document (Nc_Doc_Task_Notes_Get)
- speed up Lua API that inserts new note for special case of adding at the end of the tree (adding 4000 notes sped up from 72 to 4 sec)
- when exporting to RTF with option "Mark strikethrough text as deleted", notes marked as done/finished now have the titles marked as deleted too
- remove several rarely used action buttons from default version of the toolbar, to make it look more tidy ("save as", "print", "superscript", "subscript", "align left/right/center/justify", "bullets", "note properties")
- fix: .ncdb file downloaded from sync server as .ncdb.ncd file (Windows only)
- fix: issue where export to LaTeX did not export entire contents of the note (part of the text was missing)
- fix: report warning on save action when we fail to create a backup file (due to insufficient disk space for example)
- fix: setting note's background color did not activate document modified state (user was not prompted to save the change unless he did other changes as well)
- fix: "Insert Date/Time" action does not support "Undo"
- fix: add missing support for removing color formatting in Lua methods Nc_Note_Format_Bkg_Color_Apply, Nc_Note_Format_Text_Color_Apply
- fix: revert moving focus to Text View after note insert, that might confuse users; old behavior can be activated by key "FocusTextAfterInsert=1" within [Operation] section of the .ini file
- fix: color picker (text and background color) should be initialized to the color used at current cursor position (or to the last used color)
- fix: issues with Replace dialog skipping some instances of matching text
- fix: if using Windows native File Open windows, folder selection mode does not work in this dialog, switch to using similar SHBrowseForFolder Windows API
- fix: Tree Pane column spacing changes were not saved when closing the document or switching to another document tab
- fix: within "Shortcut Editor" window, when assigning a shortcut that is already taken by other action, editor may fail to notify you of the fact (Mac-only issue)
- fix: hyperlink text color, when exported to RTF, should be blue, not black
- fix: when the string to be replaced is in a note title, the Replace button has no effect
- fix: if the string to be replaced in a note is the last word in a hyperlink label, the replacement is placed immediately after the hyperlink closing tag rather than inside it
- fix: search by date-only can loop forever (can be aborted though)
- fix: date picker window does not scale well on systems where users use large system fonts
- fix: for plugin developers: when locking a plugin (either through Lua or with lock button), new locked document should keep the old document ID value
- fix: hard-to-reproduce issue on failing to install new version of the plugin after plugin upgrade notification should be fixed now
- help file updates (work by Paul Merrell)
- Croatian translation updated
- Finnish translation updated (work by Ville Pilviö)
- French translation updated (work by Jeff Malka)
- Polish translation updated (work by Kamil Dembkowski)
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
- Italian translation updated (work by Fabio Iannone)
For a complete list of changes in this release, see change log at: http://www.notecasepro.com/history.php.
Thanks to everyone who helped during this cycle.
Note that Ubuntu 13.04 (end of life Jan 27, 2014), openSUSE 12.3 (end of life Sep 15th, 2014), Freebsd 9 (end of life March 31, 2013) and Gentoo (no downloads in last cycle) builds are being deprecated and will be removed in the next release. Let me know if you need any of those.