Notecase Pro v4.2.3 desktop edition has just been released.
Downloads are now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
This release is dedicated to my mother who recently died of cancer.
Major changes in this release:
- opt-in option to share anonimized program telemetry data with the program author (usage statisctics will help to steer further development)
- add: Options window ("06 Operations" page) has new setting "Enable telemetry"
- you can hide menu bar completely by adding the "ShowMenuBar=0" line under "[Display]" section within the notecase_pro.ini file
- when exporting to RTF, added option to export each note to a new page
- make selecting inline target (anchor) easier when creating a hyperlink
- drastically speedup "Save As" from .ncdb to .ncdb file format (use backup operation instead of copying notes one by one)
- "Save as" to .ncdb/.ncde operation is now cca 3x faster
- "Save" operation for .ncdb/.ncde is now noticeably faster for large documents
- much faster export from .ncdb to .html
- add check box setting under "Clipboard Manager" section to enable/disable embedding images from the content pasted by Clipboard Manager
- add support to match whole word while doing Boolean search (Boolean search for "zzz" will not match "zzz1" if "Whole word" is selected)
- new Lua method Nc_Config_Docs_ReloadLast_Suppress allows user to skip loading "Reload Last" documents, by calling this method on "Application started" event
- new Lua method Nc_Config_Docs_ReloadLast_Get returns string of "Reload Last" document paths delimited with ";"
- new Lua method Nc_Config_Docs_AlwaysLoad_Get returns string of "Load at Startup" document paths delimited with ";"
- new Lua method Nc_Config_Docs_AlwaysLoad_Add allows you to set document file to be loaded on each start of the program
- improved 59_GlobalSearch.lua script (keep result list after selecting some search result, no error on cancel, add document file name in result list)
- fix: add "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/" folder to the list of folders where we search for aspell on 32-bit Linux distros
- fix: if starting the search operation was started from the middle of the note, search may skip matching the start of the same note when the search wraps back to the start of the document
- fix: tree view columns might shrink on startup when the last active document was not equal to the last document tab
- fix: Tree Pane column size could shrink when searching into List Pane two times in the row
- fix: revert code to skip loading predefined initial list of documents in the 2nd instance of the program (this caused the program to forget the initial list of documents)
- fix: improve text editor behavior when using invalid default font (i.e. font not exists on this platform and we copied .ini file from another PC)
- fix: drastically speedup the search within titles only for .ncdb/.ncde file format
- working with List Pane is now enabled in Lite mode too (this includes showing search results within the List Pane)
- printing is now enabled in Lite mode too
- help file updates by Paul Marrell
- Croatian translation updated
- Chinese Traditional translation updated (work by Richard Sun)
- French translation updated (work by Jeff Malka)
- Russian translation updated (work by Sergei Yansons)
- Chinese translation updated (work by Stephen Zhu)
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
Important news, OpenBSD v5.7 builds were replaced with new v6.0, FreeBSD 10 with v11.
I plan to deprecate following builds: Fedora 22 and 23, Solaris 32-bit. Please let me know if you still need any of these builds.
For detailed change list see: http://www.notecasepro.com/history.php