Notecase Pro v3.9.1. desktop edition has just been released.
Downloads are now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
Major changes in this release:
- add: bundle aspell spell-checker into installer for OS X (no need to setup it by yourself manually)
- add: after inserting new note, move focus to Text Pane so we can start typing note text immediately
- add: new option when exporting to RTF "Mark Strikethrough text as deleted" (when RTF is loaded to Word, this enables easy removal of all striketrough formatted text parts)
- add: new Lua methods to work with environment variables (Nc_Env_Variable_Get, Nc_Env_Variable_Set)
- add: new Lua methods to map the document to the tab index on screen (Nc_Doc_Tab_GetIdx, Nc_Doc_Tab_SetIdx)
- add: embed UTF-8 module for Lua into the NoteCase Pro to add methods to work with UTF-8 strings (https://github.com/starwing/luautf8); library name was set to "utf8ex" so it would not clash with future utf8 methods in Lua 5.3
- add: add optional document ID parameter for Lua methods Nc_App_List_GetState and Nc_App_List_Switch (faster work with non-current documents, no need to force them to become active)
- default target of Replace window was changed to "Current Note Only"
- sqlite database updated to latest version 18.104.22.168
- fix: when doing "undo" action on image insert, hyperlinks after the insertion point can shift for one letter
- fix: set correct document tab height when using custom GUI theme/font settings
- fix: improve typing speed within a big document note
- fix: RTF exporting issue related to using background colors in ncdb/ncde document (in rare case generating invalid RTF)
- fix: assigning custom shortcut for action "Note Tag Properties" did not work
- fix: rewrote clipboard code for Windows, should fix hard-to-reproduce rare issues with being unable to paste plain text into the program
- fix: faster typing on OS X platform
- fix: reduce CPU usage when loading, saving or exporting files
- fix: forbid having multiple custom properties with the same name in the same custom properties set (global document set or per-note property sets)
- fix: applying Bold to tree view item (Ctrl+B) ignored custom font setting for Tree View causing font change for the item
- fix: when pasting text in "Replace with" box in the Replace window, if the replace mode is set to HTML, pasted content is invalid (random Unicode characters)
- fix: make "require" call in Lua work correctly (requires setting current directory to folder where the script is placed)
- fix: possible crash when using Find Next operation on the document other than the one which started the original Find operation
- fix: "change case" functions, when executed on note clone, deleted clone/note content
- help file updates (work by Daniel Hertrich and Paul Merrell)
- Croatian translation updated
- Chinese Traditional translation updated (work by Richard Sun)
- Finnish translation updated (work by Ville Pilviö)
- Chinese translation updated (work by Stephen Zhu)
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
- Polish translation updated (work by Kamil Dembkowski)
For a complete list of changes in this release, see change log at: http://www.notecasepro.com/history.php.
Thanks to everyone who helped during this cycle.
Note that Ubuntu 13.10 and Freebsd 9 builds are being deprecated and will be removed in the next release. Let me know if you need any of those.