NoteCase Pro for Android v1.1.1 has just been released.
Download is now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
NoteCase Pro for Android is the companion app to NoteCase Pro desktop program, and supports the .ncdb and .ncde (encrypted) file formats, so the same files can be shared between desktop and Android editions.
It can be activated by buying the 5USD license through PayPal (use "Buy Now" at the http://notecasepro.com/buy.php page) or by using the "All OSes, lifetime" license for the desktop version of the program.
When shopping, please leave your email, so that after the payment, I can send you the key file in the email.
Installation instructions for your Android device:
- prerequisites: program requires Android 3.0 or newer
- download the .apk file and transfer it from your PC to the internal/primary SD card of your Android device
Note: program is not being distributed through the Google Play store because Google does not support payments to Croatia
- enable installing applications from unknown source ("Settings" > "Applications" > "Unknown Sources" check box or "Settings" > "General" > "Security" > "Device Admin" > "Unknown Sources" check box for newer Android versions)
- use some file manager application installed on your phone/tabled to click on the Notecase.apk file to start the installation ("ES File Explorer" free file manager app is a good choice)
- if you get problem installing the app, try uninstalling the previous version first
- copy your license key to your SD card root folder (usually named "/sdcard" or "/mnt/sdcard")
- start the app
- uses .ncdb and .ncde file format identical to the one used in the desktop version
- you can create a new document or open an existing document file
- Tree Pane is displayed featuring the hierarchical tree of your document notes
- basic note operations supported in the Tree Pane are: insert, delete, rename
- short click on the note title in the Tree Pane open Text Pane featuring rich text formatting editor
- there are two different GUIs, one for phones and one for tablets (landscape mode) embedded in the same app
- in the file open dialog, there is an additional way to navigate to the parent folder by using the swipe from right to left gesture action
- you can create a shortcut to selected document on your phone's desktop
Changes in the new release:
- add: weekly check for program updates, notify user if new version exists
- add: new setting "Stretch images" causes images in the note to be up-scaled to fill in the available screen space
- add: "Save as" window got a format picker button for easier .ncdb/.ncde format selection
- add: support for custom shortcuts when using hardware keyboard (bluetooth), added "delete note" configurable setting
- add: support for custom synchronization server port
- sqlite database updated to latest version 22.214.171.124
- fix: reinstate code to follow hyperlinks by a single tap on them
- fix: "save as" action must not be allowed to overwrite currently open document (that would cause data loss and crash)
- when creating "New Link to web", pre-populate input box with "http://" (so that user doesn't need to type this part)
- fix: preserve hyperlinks created by pasting content from web browser app
- fix: tab characters are displayed as ordinary spaces by TextEdit Android widget
- fix: allow for Tab character to be inserted in the text (when using bluetooth keyboard)
- fix: improve code that loads pictures within the note, using less memory so "out of memory" error is less likely to happen (unless the number of images is huge)
- fix: improve code that loads pictures within the note, allow images to be scaled to match the size of text view window (previously the maximum withd/height was 400px)
- fix: in the phone mode, show "hyperlink" icon in the menu instead of "underline" (if there is not enough space for both buttons)
- fix: adapt editor toolbar, adding/removing some icons "on the fly" to fit the to available screen space
- fix: reorganized settings in Preferences screen for better grouping
- Croatian translation updated
- Chinese translation updated (work by Stephen Zhu)
- French translation updated (work by Jeff Malka)
- Chinese Traditional translation updated (work by Richard Sun)
- Finnish translation updated (work by Ville Pilviö)
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
Feedback is appreciated. I am interested in your design and general ideas, bug reports, ...
If you would like to volunteer for translating program to your language, feel free to contact me.