NoteCase Pro v4.2.0 desktop edition has just been released.
Downloads are now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
Major changes in this release:
- add: when dropping folder onto Attachments Pane or Attachments Dialog, add all the files within that folder as attachments (recursing into subfolders as well)
- add: support to show tray icon permanently by defining .ini file key "PermanentTrayIcon=1", "Display" section
- add: new application event "After attachment dropped" created (short name "after_att_drop")
- add: new Lua sample script implementing global bookmarks window (not limited to current document): "58_GlobalBookmarks.lua"
- add: new Lua sample script implementing global search (search across all open documents): "59_GlobalSearch.lua"
- add: "Merge Document" window can now detect when two document have different bookmarks or different document custom properties
- add: "Merge Document" window can now detect when two notes have different custom properties
- fix: sqlite bug (present from sqlite 3.11.0) related to conversion of NoteCase files from old to new format causing the indexes to become corrupt (major). If you notice that the note "lost" an embedded image or a text formatting, just run "Compact Document" within this new NCP v4.2.0 or use some Sqlite database editor to run "REINDEX" command
- fix: Tree View title wrapping mode has been improved
- fix: do not show conversion dialog when synchronizing a single note clone being created
- fix: custom note background color (available through right click menu in Text Pane did not work properly, forcing the color of the 1st item with custom color tto others)
- fix: crash when deleting the note that was just converted from clone to the original note
- fix: better behavior on multi-monitor systems, open child windows within the same screen where the main window is placed
- fix: when the document with expired tasks is reloaded, "Expired tasks" window was not being displayed the 2nd time (after the reload)
- fix: "Merge Document" now allows to compare read-only document with others (but you won't be able to merge changes)
- fix: exporting OPML in HTML mode might not work correctly for .ncdb/.ncde file formats
- fix: after installing the .deb package, menus were not instantly updated on Ubuntu Mate
- add: support bold/italic within the OPML note title when by using "TitleIsHtml=1" .ini file setting within the "[OPML Format]" section (similar to already existing "ContentIsHtml=1" related to OPML note contents)
- per user request, "Recent" documents submenu was moved back one level up to a more prominent position
- help file updates by Paul Marrell
- Croatian translation updated
- Russian translation updated (work by Sergey Yansons)
- Chinese Traditional translation updated (work by Richard Sun)
- French translation updated (work by Jeff Malka)
- Finnish translation updated (work by Ville Pilviö)
- Chinese translation updated (work by Stephen Zhu)
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
- Spanish translation updated (work by Miguel Latorre)
- Polish translation updated (work by Kamil Dembkowski)
- Dutch translation updated (work by William Ouwehand)
Important news, I plan to deprecate following builds: Ubuntu 15.10 (end-of-life July 2016). Please let me know if you still need this build.
Other news is that Kagi.com, payment processing company used by NoteCase, ceased operations. NoteCase Pro has now switched to using Paypal as the payment service.
For detailed change list see: http://www.notecasepro.com/history.php