Notecase Pro v4.0.4 desktop edition has just been released.
Downloads are now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
Major changes in this release:
- new supported platform: OpenBSD
- add: search bar feature added for more convenient simple, plain text search (can be enabled with "View" > "Panels and Bars" > "Search Bar" menu)
- add: new "Jump to Search Bar" shortcut action that ensures that the search bar is visible and puts focus to search box in it (having default shortcut Ctrl+Shift+F)
- add: multiple GUI related changes, cleaning up the menus, merging related menu items under a common sub-menus
- add: new command line "--noevents" makes the program disable emitting of application events (used by Lua scripts) for the duration of entire program session
- add: new command line "--noplugins" disables the initial load of the program plugins
- add: new Lua methods to query the relations between two notes: Nc_Note_IsSibling, Nc_Note_IsAncestor
- fix: removed several redundant (already present in the main menu) actions added by GTK library from the Note Pane context menu (Undo, Redo, Copy, Paste, ...)
- fix: cca 50% faster loading of .ncd file format documents (speeds up loading .ncz and .nce formats too, cca 40%)
- fix: cca 30% faster loading of .ncdb file format documents
- fix: cca 34% faster saving to .ncz file format document (at the expence of slightly larger file than before)
- fix: drastically speedup the note (branch) delete operation, should be more than 100X faster now (noticeable in large documents); not available on OS X, Maemo and some builds having older C++ compiler
- fix: pasting branch of notes in the Tree Pane is now cca 100x faster (noticeable when pasting thousands of notes within a huge file)
- fix: clipboard monitor should not copy data if the operation originated within the clipboard monitor target document
- fix: file selector doesn't recognize image files with a capitalized extension (e.g. a file "file.JPG" doesn't show up)
- fix: improve clipboard handling code so that it doesn't interfere with Clipboard Monitor actions (Windows only issue)
- fix: workaround GTK/Pango library issue where applying font formatting using unknown font can lead to the Enter key to stop working when editing such text
- fix: export to RTF could generate file that fails to load (unterminated formatting tags)
- fix: moved "Page Setup" menu item as a button within Print Selection dialog ("Print" menu item)
- help file updates (work by Paul Merrell and Daniel Hertrich)
- Croatian translation updated
- Chinese translation updated (work by Stephen Zhu)
- Chinese Traditional translation updated (work by Richard Sun)
- French translation updated (work by Jeff Malka)
- Spanish translation updated (work by Miguel Latorre)
- Spanish "tips of the day" file created (work by Miguel Latorre)
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
- Finnish translation updated (work by Ville Pilviö)
For a complete list of changes in this release, see change log at: http://www.notecasepro.com/history.php.
Thanks to everyone who helped during this cycle.
I am now trying collect more user testimonials for my website, so if you want to help and get quoted, feel free to contact me.
Another important poll for OS X users: is there anyone that is using 32-bit only Mac?
I am considering to moving NoteCase Pro build for OS X from 32-bit to 64-bit, but I need to be sure that the users are using relatively modern systems.
The easiest way to see if your Mac supports 64-bit software is to install it and try to use it.
I've prepared the 64-bit installer here: http://notecasepro.com/get.php?osx_leopard/notecase-4.0.4_x64.pkg
Please do give it a try and let me know if it fails to work on your Mac or if you find any issue with it.