NoteCase Pro for Android v1.0.9. has just been released.
It features major text editor redesign, not using WebView component anymore (Google broke text wrapping in recent Android versions, other issues too).
Download is now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
NoteCase Pro for Android is the companion app to NoteCase Pro desktop program, and supports the .ncdb and .ncde (encrypted) file formats, so the same files can be shared between desktop and Android editions.
It can be activated by buying the 5USD license through PayPal (use "Buy Now" at the http://notecasepro.com/buy.php page) or by using the "All OSes, lifetime" license for the desktop version of the program.
When shopping, please leave your email, so that after the payment, I can send you the key file in the email.
Installation instructions for your Android device:
- prerequisites: program requires Android 3.0 or newer
- download the .apk file and transfer it from your PC to the internal/primary SD card of your Android device (note: program is not being distributed through the Google Play store because Google does not support payments to Croatia)
- enable installing applications from unknown source ("Settings" > "Applications" > "Unknown Sources" check box or "Settings" > "General" > "Security" > "Device Admin" > "Unknown Sources" check box for newer Android versions)
- use some file manager application installed on your phone/tabled to click on the Notecase.apk file to start the installation ("ES File Explorer" free file manager app is a good choice)
- if you get problem installing the app, try uninstalling the previous version first
- copy your license key to your SD card root folder (usually named "/sdcard" or "/mnt/sdcard")
- start the app
- uses .ncdb and .ncde file format identical to the one used in the desktop version
- you can create a new document or open an existing document file
- Tree Pane is displayed featuring the hierarchical tree of your document notes
- basic note operations supported in the Tree Pane are: insert, delete, rename
- short click on the note title in the Tree Pane open Text Pane featuring rich text formatting editor
- there are two different GUIs, one for phones and one for tablets (landscape mode) embedded in the same app
- in the file open dialog, there is an additional way to navigate to the parent folder by using the swipe from right to left gesture action
- you can create a shortcut to selected document on your phone's desktop
Changes in the new release:
- sqlite database updated to latest version 3.9.8
- support for read-only document state, no changes can be done to the read-only document
- support for read-only note state, no changes can be done to the read-only note contents
- warn user when the document is being loaded from read-only storage (starting from KitKat, Google forbids apps to write anywhere within the external SD card, only some paths are allowed)
- .ncdb/.ncde: create database table for hyperlink anchors to be compatible to file format changes introduced by desktop version v4.0.0
- fix: search operation crashes if no note was selected when started
- fix: ask to save unsaved note changes when starting the search operation
- "new link to web" now uses custom keyboard with keys to quickly enter web address parts
- major rewrite of the note editor
- test network connectivity when starting sync
- list of remote documents got a file size column
- fix: listing remote documents on sync server was slow, reduced read timeout value to speedup the operation
- fix: improve handling of Back key (sometimes the form wouldn't close on back key press)
- fix: possible crash in Sort command
- fix: crash in Tag Pane when user goes to some other app and back
- Croatian translation updated
- French translation updated (work by Jeff Malka)
- Finnish translation updated (work by Ville Pilviö)
- Chinese translation updated (work by Stephen Zhu)
- Chinese Traditional translation updated (work by Richard Sun)
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
- Polish translation updated (work by Kamil Dembkowski)
Feedback is appreciated. I am interested in your design and general ideas, bug reports, ...
If you would like to volunteer for translating program to your language, feel free to contact me.