NoteCase Pro for Android v1.0.5. has just been released
Download is now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
NoteCase Pro for Android is the companion app to Notecase desktop, and supports the .ncdb and .ncde (encrypted) file formats
so the same files can be shared between desktop and Android editions.
It can be activated by buying the 2USD license through PayPal (use "Buy Now" at the http://notecasepro.com/buy.php page) or by using the "All OSes, lifetime" license for the desktop version of the program. When shopping, please leave your email, so that after the payment, I can send you the key file in the email.
Installation instructions for your Android device:
- prerequisites: program requires Android 3.0 or newer
- download the .apk file and transfer it from your to your phone's SD card
- enable installing applications from unknown source ("Settings" > "Applications" > "Unknown Sources" check box)
- use some file manager application installed on your phone/tabled to click on the Notecase.apk file to start the installation
("ES File Explorer" free file manager app is a good choice)
- if you get problem installing the app, try uninstalling the previous version first
- copy your license key to your SD card root folder (usually named "/sdcard" or "/mnt/sdcard")
- start the app
- uses .ncdb and .ncde file format identical to the one used in the desktop version
- you can create a new document or open an existing document file
- Tree Pane is displayed featuring the hierarchical tree of your document notes
- basic note operations supported in the Tree Pane are: insert, delete, rename
- short click on the note title in the Tree Pane open Text Pane featuring rich text formatting editor
- there are two different GUIs, one for phones and one for tablets (landscape mode) embedded in the same app
- in the file open dialog, there is an additional way to navigate to the parent folder by using the swipe from right to left gesture action
- you can create a shortcut to selected document on your phone's desktop
Changes in the new release:
- remove dependency on compatibility library now that the minimal Android version is 3.0
- fix issues related to inserting the image from camera
- code to insert picture was moved to a separate thread so that it doesn't block main thread
- pressing to logo icon in the title bar should cause the page to close (going back one step)
- when adding a new note, window to define note title should have focus on input filed and soft keyboard visible
- improved debug log file generation code
- write device name and program version to debug log file
- fix: sometimes note editor page fails to close when used in non-tablet mode
- improve font substitution algorithm for webkit (add fallback font names for some fonts)
- added custom font scaling factor preference (default 1.0)
- enable pinch-to-zoom view scaling for note text editor
- fix: add support for new line being generated by WebView as "div" tag
- fix: display error when you fail to load note parts (usually due to "out of memory" error, when having a lot of big images in the note)
Feedback is appreciated. I am interested in your design and general ideas, bug reports, ...
If you would like to donate the program translation for your language, feel free to contact me.
PS. New desktop version will be released the next week.