Downloads are now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
NoteCase for Android is the companion app to Notecase desktop, and supports the .ncdb file format
so the same files can be shared between desktop and Android editions.
Compared to the Lite edition, the major feature that the paid Pro version brings is an access to encrypted file format (.ncde).
Note that initially I did not plan for Android version to use license system as used on desktop, but to sell it through some
app store. The reasons are following:
- Android apps have lower price (planned initial price for this version is 2USD) and thus higher volume of licenses sold
Generating license keys "by hand" for such volume would take a lot of my time
- payment processing site that I use for desktop licenses does not practically support 2USD licenses (transaction fees are high for this price)
Unfortunately, I seem to have issues with app stores when trying to do business from Croatia
(Google Play does not support sending payments to Croatia, AndroidPit does, but it requires that the app is on Google Play too, that makes a "dead-lock" situation).
While trying to resolve that, I decided to release the program now, rather than making you wait.
For now, you need to own one of "all OSes, valid forever" license keys to use the program.
When I resolve the app store issues you'll be able to buy the app from the app store too.
Instalation instructions for your Android device:
- prerequisites: program requires Android 1.6 or newer
- download the .apk file and transfer it from your to your phone's SD card
- enable installing applications from unknown source ("Settings" > "Applications" > "Unknown Sources" check box)
- use some file manager application installed on your phone/tabled to click on the Notecase.apk file to start the installation.
"ES File Explorer" is a good and free file manager app choice.
- if you get problem installing the app, try uninstalling the previous version first
- copy your "all OSes, valid forever" license key to your SD card root folder
- start the app
- uses .ncdb and .ncde file format compatible as used in the desktop version
- you can create a new document or open an existing document file
- Tree Pane is displayed featuring the hierarchical tree of your document notes
- basic note operations supported in the Tree Pane are: insert, delete, rename
- short click on the note title in the Tree Pane open Text Pane featuring rich text formatting editor
- there are two different GUIs, one for phones and one for tablets (landscape mode) embedded in the same app
- in the file open dialog, there is an additional way to navigate to the parent folder by using the swipe from right to left gesture action
- you can create a shortcut to selected document on your phone's desktop
Major changes compared to NoteCase for Android Lite 1.0.1:
- support for encrypted file format (.ncde)
- fix selecting note after being created
- fix button to cancel revert note editing to show warning prompt
- fix: add program name and version to the crash log file
- "Save As" (Tree Pane options menu) saves a copy of the document under new name or format
- fix: document shortcuts created on the desktop area have old icon
- crash log dialog now has a edit widget to type the optional description
- context menu in File Dialog to delete file from disk
- Croatian translation updated
- Italian translation updated (work by Fabio Iannone)
- Chinese Traditional translation updated (work by Richard Sun)
- French translation updated (work by Jeff Malka)
- Polish translation updated (work by Kamil Dembkowski)
- Dutch translation created (work by Martijn Steur)
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
- Chinese Simplified translation updated (work by Stephen Zhu)
- Romanian translation updated (work by Alexandru Bogdan Munteanu)
- program can be licensed by installing your "all OS, valid forever" license key on your SD card root folder
Feedback is appreciated. I am interested in your design and general ideas, bug reports, ...
If you would like to donate the program translation for your language, feel free to contact me.