Friday, July 19, 2013
NoteCase Pro for Android v1.0.3. has been released
Download is available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
NoteCase Pro for Android is the companion app to Notecase desktop, and supports the .ncdb and .ncde (encrypted) file formats, so the same files can be shared between desktop and Android editions.
It can be activated by buying the 2USD license through PayPal (use "Buy Now" at the http://notecasepro.com/buy.php page) or by using the "All OSes, lifetime" license for the desktop version of the program.
When shopping, please leave your email, so that after the payment, I can send you the key file in the email.
Installation instructions for your Android device:
- prerequisites: program requires Android 1.6 or newer
- download the .apk file and transfer it from your to your phone's SD card
- enable installing applications from unknown source ("Settings" > "Applications" > "Unknown Sources" check box)
- use some file manager application installed on your phone/tabled to click on the Notecase.apk file to start the installation.
"ES File Explorer" is a good and free file manager app choice.
- if you get problem installing the app, try uninstalling the previous version first
- copy your license key to your SD card root folder (usually named "/sdcard" or "/mnt/sdcard")
- start the app
- uses .ncdb and .ncde file format identical to the one used in the desktop version
- you can create a new document or open an existing document file
- Tree Pane is displayed featuring the hierarchical tree of your document notes
- basic note operations supported in the Tree Pane are: insert, delete, rename
- short click on the note title in the Tree Pane open Text Pane featuring rich text formatting editor
- there are two different GUIs, one for phones and one for tablets (landscape mode) embedded in the same app
- in the file open dialog, there is an additional way to navigate to the parent folder by using the swipe from right to left gesture action
- you can create a shortcut to selected document on your phone's desktop
Changes in the new release:
- major news is that the Android Lite version (available through Google Play) is discontinued now. It proved too much work to maintain two Android apps,
so I merged two Andorid edition into the single Pro edition. This means that the new Pro version now also works without license key, with some features being disabled in that case.
(for now, the difference is that the registered user can use .ncde encrypted file format)
- fix possible crash when uploading crash log to author's website (upload must be done in the background thread on newer versions of Android)
- preserve expanded/collapsed state of the note branch
- improve text font/font size handling
- fix: do not save note if the note was not modified
- SDK version moved back from 11 to 10 to force "menu" button to appear as soft key on newer versions of Android where such hardware key is missing (needed for settings menu etc.)
- fix: correctly refresh settings page to show program version and a name of the registered client
- added support to connect to sync server and download a document file from it
- added sync settings into the settings page
- support to create desktop shortcut to the exact note in the document (through the context menu in the note tree view)
- more precise error message when the program fails to find the license key file (show expected path)
- fix crash when trying to insert picture from the camera on a device that does not have any camera app installed
- disable note text input if there is no note selected in the tree view, do this after note delete action too (needed for tablet mode when both views are visible at the same time)
- fix possible crash after deleting a note
- fix crash when note text editor changes an orientation while editing
I hope to finish sync feature in the new cycle. Once done, the price of the license might rise to 3-4 USD, so now is the chance to buy a license with the old price.
Feedback is appreciated. I am interested in your design and general ideas, bug reports, ...
If you would like to donate the program translation for your language, feel free to contact me.
Posted by Adriatic at 7:55 AM