Downloads are now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
Major changes in this release:
- when attaching files to note using drag and drop to Attachment Pane enable adding files having UNC path like "//SERVER/share/.../file" from shared server disk (Windows)
- support to notify user when new or updated plugins are detected in the online plugin repository
- warn user when loading document from the read-only file, automatically switch to read-only mode
- option for sorting notes by title numerically instead of lexically (for example note "30" comes before "223" numerically, but after it if sorted lexically), see "Notes" > "Sort" menu
- new setting "Exclude .ncdb/.ncde formats from backup" makes your backups faster at the expense of skipping the backup of Sqlite-based file formats
- added a large number of Lua methods related to note text formatting (Nc_Note_Format_Bold_Apply, Nc_Note_Format_Italic_Apply, Nc_Note_Format_Underline_Apply, Nc_Note_Format_Strike_Apply, Nc_Note_Format_Subscript_Apply, Nc_Note_Format_Superscript_Apply, Nc_Note_Format_Text_Color_Apply, Nc_Note_Format_Bkg_Color_Apply, Nc_Note_Format_Font_Apply, Nc_Note_Format_Line_Spacing_Apply, Nc_Note_Format_IsFormatted)
- "Document file is fragmented ..." message box warning got a "Compact Document" button to do the action directly from within the message box
- fix: OS X installer now brings back gtksourceview support (syntax highlighting and autocomplete)
- fix: crash when pressing Enter after pasted image
- fix: note move actions done with Lua script while the document was in the List Pane mode were not refreshed to GUI after switching back to Tree Pane mode
- fix: improve handling colors when inserting from RTF format (correctly reset text color in some cases)
- fix: when printing document on Linux, text lines are spaced too much (worked fine on Windows)
- fix: issue when inserting some text in a complex note can cause text formatting to move one letter to the left
- fix: copying text with some background color can turn up having white background when pasted in some cases
- fix: backup for .ncdb and .ncde did not work (now use sqlite "backup" API to generate database copy "on the fly")
- fix: changing password to the .ncde document could corrupt the document file
- fix: Lua method Nc_Note_Content_Set now raises an error if you try to modify content at the offset past the end of the note
- fix: when setting GUI language, make sure to also set "LANGUAGE" environment variable (along with "LANG")
- fix: when registering scripts or plugins with drag and drop, filter dropped files by allowed file extensions
- fix: bad formatting generated when parsing two links placed next to each other with no spacing in between
- fix: feature to check for new program version update fails on OS X
- fix: problem when copy/pasting formatted text from Notecase to Microsoft Word (Windows specific)
- fix: zooming with mouse wheel was inverted when compared to Firefox, e.g. ctrl+wheel up decreases display size, but it shoulkd increase (change to use the same settings)
- fix: rebuild GTK for OS X using newer SDK 10.6 to prevent a reported crash on OS X v10.6.8; unfortunately this means that OS X v10.5.x is not supported anymore
- fix: "Help" > "Set Lite/Trial mode" switching does not correctly display chosen mode on restart until the title is refreshed by other operation like the file open/save
- fix: when creating child note of a "Template" note, tag frequency count was not refreshed after the operation (child note gets tags copied from its "template" parent)
- fix: removed document "Associated URL" feature (this mechanism seems to have never been used by anyone)
- help file updates (work by Daniel Hertrich and Paul Merrell)
- Croatian translation updated
- Chinese Traditional translation updated (work by Richard Sun)
- Chinese translation updated (work by Stephen Zhu)
- Finnish translation updated (work by Ville Pilviö)
- Polish translation updated (work by Kamil Dembkowski)
- French translation updated (work by Jeff Malka)
- Romanian translation updated (work by Alexandru Bogdan Munteanu)
- Dutch translation updated (work by PhpFox Holland)
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
- Italian translation updated (work by Fabio Iannone)
- other bugs fixed
For a complete list of changes in this release, see change log at: http://www.notecasepro.com/history.php.
Thanks to everyone who helped during this cycle.
Note that as announced in previous cycle, a number of old build were removed: Sharp Zaurus, PCLinux 2007, CentOS 5.6, Slackware 12.2, Fedora 14, Fedora 16, Mageia 1, Mint 12, Ubuntu 11.04 and Open Suse 12.1.
Some new builds were added (Ubuntu 13.04), and I expect to add new Debian 7 builds once this distro is released.
I am now working on preparing the new Adnroid release that has been somewhat delayed due to the amount of work needed here.
In the meantime, Android Pro users can download the latest build that fixes some bugs:
PS. Few remaining builds should be done by tomorrow.