Notecase Pro v3.5.7. has just been released
Downloads are now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
Major changes in this release:
- GTK library for Windows was updated to 2.24.8; this release fixes the issues with tree reordering using the mouse, drawing artefacts when resizing the window and possibly many others; note that some GTK themes were removed because they did not work well with this version
- improved export to RTF code, added support for internal hyperlinks in the exported RTF document
- you can now assign shortcut keys to registered scripts and plugin actions using a new page of a "Shortcut Settings" window
- improved default algoritm to select word in text view by double-clicking it, allowing digits and the underscore character to be the part of the word
- add support for links to Outlook items (as created by "Linker for Windows" software), links should work on other, unknown link types too
- support to import Leo outliner files (http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/front.html)
- support to import Toodledo XML export (http://www.toodledo.com), requires .toodledo file extension
- "Copy Link" item in the note title bar context menu allows you to quickly create a link to the current document note (or get the set of "breadcrumb" links if that mode is switched on)
- new action "Remove Link" added to the Text Pane context menu to quickly remove the link under the mouse pointer
- added "YYYY.MM.DD" format in the list of dates
- support to automatically create telnet:// and ssh:// hyperlinks while typing
- when importing a document, you can now choose to import its contents as descendants of the currently selected note (check box option is placed in the "File Open" window for the Import action)
- improved network proxy support protocol to be compatible with squid proxy program
- option to force note clones to share the same title as their original source (does not modify data in the existing documents, untill the clone/note is being renamed or created); see "Global" option page for setting
- integrated LuaFileSystem library v1.5.0 directly into the program (http://keplerproject.github.com/luafilesystem/)
- in "Shortcut Settings" window, when assigning already used shortcut key for some action, allow user to use this keys anyway ("Grab" it from the action that currently uses this shortcut)
- increased maximal count of documents opened at the same time from 10 to 20
- maximal number of registered scripts (in the "Scripts" menu) increased from 30 to 70
- size of a crash log buffer was increased to 100kB
- fix: Gstreamer and similar crashes on Linux were caused by new compile flags needed for Lua to support loading external modules; Lua module loading support is now temporary removed (will be fixed in the next cycle)
- fix: "Link Properties" when started from the Text Pane context menu no longer requires that the text cursor (caret) is placed within the target (existing) link to be edited, it now detects the link by mouse pointer position
- fix: when saving to an .ncdb or .ncde file format overwriting the already existing and loaded document file, program will wait forever until the file is released (use 5 second timeout instead)
- fix: add support relative links to a note inside a document (before, only absolute links were supported for links to note)
- fix: for speed reasons, Notecase does not copy text to clipboard as RTF by default anymore, only as text + HTML (you can enable RTF with the .ini file key "PutRtfToClipboard=1" in "[OTher]" section)
- fix: on Windows use Unicode version of program's command line to improve opening the files with non-ANSI characters in the name
- new build targets: Fedora 16 (32-bit and 64-bit), Mint 12 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- help file update (work by Birte Wenning and Daniel Hertrich)
- Croatian translation updated
- Chinese Traditional translation updated (work by Richard Sun)
- Chinese translation updated (work by Stephen Zhu)
- Romanian translation updated (work by Alexandru Bogdan Munteanu)
- Italian translation updated (work by Fabio Iannone)
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
- Finnish translation updated (work by Ville Pilviö)
- many bugs fixed
For a complete list of changes in this release, see change log at: http://www.notecasepro.com/history.php.
Thanks to everyone who helped during this cycle.
Note that you can download several Notecase Pro plugins (free and commercial) at:
Another news: I expect to have alpha version of Notecase Pro for Android ready in approximately 10-15 days.
Since this is a completely new project, I'd appreciate testing, ideas and feedback regarding this public (test) release.
Your thoughts can help me to shape the product and make it better.
Once released it will be announced through Twitter, Blog and Google Group for Notecase Pro.