NoteCase Lite for Android v1.0.0. has just been released.
Downloads are now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
NoteCase for Android is the companion app to Notecase desktop, and supports the .ncdb file format
so the same files can be shared between desktop and Android editions.
Android version does not use the license system and it must be purchased separately.
Lite edition is a free program, currently available on the website, but it will also be uploaded to Google Play soon.
Addtionally, I plan to create a non-free version with more advanced features.
Instalation instructions for your Android device:
- prerequisites: program requires Android 1.6 or newer
- download the .apk file and transfer it from your to your phone's SD card
- enable installing applications from unknown source ("Settings" > "Applications" > "Unknown Sources" check box)
- use some file manager application installed on your phone/tabled to click on the Notecase.apk file to start the installation.
"ES File Explorer" is a good and free file manager app choice.
- if you get problem installing the app, try uninstalling the previous version first
- uses .ncdb file format compatible as used in the desktop version
- you can create a new document or open an existing document file
- Tree Pane is displayed featuring the hierarchical tree of your document notes
- basic note operations supported in the Tree Pane are: insert, delete, rename
- short click on the note title in the Tree Pane open Text Pane featuring rich text formatting editor
- there are two different GUIs, one for phones and one for tablets (landscape mode) embedded in the same app
- in the file open dialog, there is an additional way to navigate to the parent folder by using the swipe from right to left gesture action
Major changes since the beta version:
- many bug fixes
- remove icons from the "Open"/"New" buttons in the starting screen
- when creating a new node, pre-select the default title text for easier changing
- when a new file is being created, pre-select the default file name for easier changing
- file save dialog redesigned to directly include entry field for file name selection
- file save dialog needs to ask user permission to overwrite existing file
- option to insert picture taken with the camera
- write document name in tree view title
- write note name in text view title
- write document - note name in the combined view on tablets
- add file dialog title "Open Document"/"Create Document"
- created Preferences window with Program Version item (opened from initial window's options menu)
- pressing BACK button in File dialog navigates to the parent directory
- do not use "Untitled" for the new item name
- offerto upload crash log when detected on disk
- new app icon
Feedback is appreciated. I am interested in your design and general ideas, bug reports, ...
If you would like to donate a program translation for your language, feel free to contact me.