Notecase Pro v3.4.2. has been released.
Downloads are now available at http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php
Major changes in this release:
- support to create a hyperlink out of the embedded picture
- Lua wrappers for basic network socket API functions (net.connect, net.bind, net.accept, net.read, net.write, net.close), see new test script #43
- new menu item "Set Note as Clip Parent" (under "Tools") enables setting the parent document/note for new clips created by clipboard monitor
- Clipboard Monitor now gives more meaningful titles to the generated notes, using first 30 characters of pasted text as a title (if text was on the clipboard)
- new search target "Listed Notes" in the Find window
- new Tree/List Pane column "Clone Source Path" to display the path to the clone's orignal note
- Tag Pane got a "Frequency" column to see the number of occurences of the tag in the document
- new program event "After document saved"
- new Lua methods to manipulate status and priority fields of the task notes (Nc_Note_Task_Status_Get, Nc_Note_Task_Priority_Get, Nc_Note_Task_Status_Set, Nc_Note_Task_Priority_Set)
- make Tag Pane sortable by clicking the column headers, add context menu option to show/hide "Frequency" column
- help file updates (work by Paul Merrell)
- Italian translation updated (work by Fabio Iannone)
- (partial) French translation update (work by Gérard Toulgoat)
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
- German "Tip of The Day" file update (work by Daniel Hertrich)
- Romanian translation updated (work by Alexandru Bogdan Munteanu)
- Croatian translation updated
- Chinese Traditional translation updated (work by Richard Sun)
- Chinese translation updated (work by Stephen Zhu)
- fix: only 10 Lua scripts could be registered in the Scripts menu
- fix: when using two instances of the program, new instance asks to delete autosave file of the first one, even if that instance is still alive (Windows only)
- fix: clipboard monitor crashes on Linux when an image is copied to the clipboard
- fix: Windows build fails to load/save the file having non-ASCII characters in the name
- fix: when searching custom properties, notes that don't have any custom property are matched too
- many other bug fixes
- new build targets Scientific Linux 6 (RHEL 6), Ubuntu 11.04, Oracle Solaris 11, Mageia 1 and Fedora 15: 32-bit and 64-bit packages
- deprecated following build targets: Fedora 12, Open Suse 10.3, Open Suse 11.2, Ubuntu 8 and Maemo OS2008 (Chinook)
Important note: my plans are to deprecate Ubuntu 9, Centos 5.5, Slackware tar.gz version and PCLinuxOS 2007 "no GnomeVfs used" builds unless there is someone using one of them.
Feel free to contact me if you are using one of those.
For a complete list of changes in this release, see change log at: http://www.notecasepro.com/history.php.
Thanks to everyone who helped during this cycle.