The new release v3.0.1 is out!
Downloads are now available at http://www.virtual-sky.com/download.php
If you are using Windows build, it is highly recommended to uninstall previous version before installing the new one
(GTK layout was changed).
Major news are:
- add: added support to import images embedded into the RTF
- fix: change default GTK theme on Windows from "Raleigh" to "MS-Windows" (better looking one)
- add: support to export images from Notecase document into RTF (embedded images)
- add: support to import HTML files
- help file updates (work by Paul Merrell)
- fix: make Windows installer work even for restricted users (not having Administrator rights), program suggests different install folder for this install mode
- add: new build targets OpenSuse 11.2 64bit and Arch Linux 2009.08 32bit
- changed the Windows installers to copy GTK libraries directly into the app folder, Notecase does not use launcher applications anymore (for portable mode start with "notecase.exe --portable")
This should make the program less vulnerable to so called "DLL hell"
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
- updated GTK for Win32 to latest version 2.20.0
- add: new Lua script to change Read-Only flag to entire branch under currently selected note ("24_SetBranchReadOnly.lua")
- add: tags that are assigned to the currently selected note are now painted with underlined text in the Tags Pane
- optimize saving a Sqlite based document (cca 7% faster now)
- fix: when dropping a single image file into the text view, insert the picture into the note text instead of adding it as an attachment
- add: double-clicking the note in the tree view shows Note Properties window (clicking the icon still shows the icon selector window)
- add: experimental Windows 7 integration code for adding recent files list into program's jump list
- fix: use device's Volume up/down keys on Nokia Maemo platform to enter/exit full screen mode
- add: use accelerometer chip information on Nokia Maemo v5 platform to adapt application window to current device orientation (portrait/landscape)
You can read detailed list of changes online at: http://virtual-sky.com/history.php
For those not being in the loop, here are some online resources related to NoteCase Pro:
a) Google group http://groups.google.com/group/notecase-pro
converse with other users, post support requests and feature suggestions
b) Twitter http://twitter.com/NotecasePro
tracks the development of program
c) Facebook page:
consider enlisting as a fan of Notecase, or read some news
As always any feedback is welcome.
PS. Few additional news:
I am working on a OS X Snow Leopard installer, there is an experimental build available that uses GTK build with Quartz support (no X11 server needed), feedback if higly welcome.
It requires installing GTK from: http://notecase.sourceforge.net/temp/gtk2-2.18.8.dmg
Then, the Notecase is installed from: http://notecase.sourceforge.net/temp/notecase_pro-3.0.0.dmg
Another news is that I would like to start deprecating support for really old distros like
Fedora Core 6 and 7 and Ubuntu 6 and 7. If someone is using one of these let me know.