I've just released Notecase Pro v2.9.4.
Important info for Windows (x86) users:
please uninstall and make sure the files of the old version of the program are removed before doing new install. This is needed because new version uses latest GTK v2.18 instead of the older v2.16.
Another important news is that since this version, installed Notecase Pro will work even if you did not registered your copy. The unregistered version (called "Lite") will have some advanced features locked, but the program will be usable allowing the user to save the document into the .ncz file format (other formats can be loaded, but they can be saved back only as .ncz).
Feature comparison table will be online tomorrow.
- important bug fixes (major changes related to Maemo and Win64 platforms and bulleted lists)
- new "Add Node to List" method adds the selected node in a Tree Pane into the List Pane
- created builds for Gentoo (Sabayon) Linux distro (with great help with testing and editing .ebuild file by Christoph Zauner)
- List Pane now also supports node marking
- created "Remove Marked Nodes From List" command for List Pane only (context menu)
- when loading Sqlite based file format, warn user if the file is fragmented (fragmentation higher than 15%)
- help file updates (work by Paul Merrell)
- approximately 80% faster save operation for .ncd/.nce/.ncz formats
- French translation updated (work by Pierrick Pinot)
- add: free (unregistered) version, add message box on startup: "Some features are disabled unless and until you have registered ..."
- fix: changed "Section" field value for Maemo .deb package to "user/office"
- fix: assign Alt+Up Arrow and Alt+Down Arrow keyboard shortcuts for navigating between the panes that appear in the Tree Pane column (Tree/List, Tags, Attachments).
- it is now possible to see a list of pending tasks through "View"/"Pending Tasks"
- fix: support to open document files when clicked in File Manager on Nokia Maemo platform
- German translation updated (work by Marcus Hennig)
- fix: "optify" the package for Maemo platform (using "/opt" as installation prefix) to save space on root partition
- redirect GTK warnings/errors into the NoteCase Pro crash log
You can read detailed list of changes online at: http://virtual-sky.com/history.php
As always feedback is welcome.
PS. Mandriva 64bit and Gentoo packages will be released tomorrow.